Validity of Your Visas:
- Visas are valid from the date of issue and not from date of entry in to India
- Visa sticker, which is put on one of the pages of your passport by the embassy, gives information regarding the type of visa, name of the person, passport number and validity of visa etc. which has been given to the applicant. For this purpose your passport should have minimum of two blank pages.
- A visa for India is valid ONLY for entry and travel within India.
- Although applicants seek visas ranging from six months to five years, duration of visa granted varies, depending on rules of the Government of India.
- It is the responsibility of the visa holder to check their passport if the visa has been granted and the details such as name, passport number, date of issue and validity of visa etc are correctly entered. Any discrepancies should be brought to the notice of Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) immediately.
- Issue of visa DOES NOT guarantee the right to enter India. Final authority to allow entry into India lies with immigration authorities at the airport or place of entry in India.
- The Embassy is not responsible if the Indian Immigration Authority denies entry to a visa holder for any reason whatsoever.